Inspiration can come from anywhere, and in this case, the Sweetgrass Collection from Martha Celebrations.
Jessica Kirkland of Pen N’ Paperflowers designed this “Rooted in Love” Garden Themed Bridal Shower playing off botanical patterns and thinking of a bride who is down-to-earth and still loves a girly good time.
Terra cotta pot serving dishes, chalkboard printables and butterfly accents pull the entire look together for cheerful afternoon inspiration with your favorite ladies.
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Bright yellow plates, slate coasters, a terrarium centerpiece and butterfly embellishments
– Lemon & Thyme Cookies on a DIY terra cotta pot cake stand!
– Paper Lanterns with Fern Patterns, Cucumber Roulades & Infused Water
– “Parfait Potting Station” with ”Plant Marker” Chalkboard Spoons
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Jessica…
"I was chosen (along with a group of other party enthusiasts and bloggers) to help launch the new Martha Stewart party product line for JCPenney – Martha Celebrations."
"I was sent a “mystery box” of some of the party accessories from the Martha Celebrations line. The challenge was to style a party using the items in the box. I had no idea what I would receive so it was a surprise when I opened the box to find mostly items from the Sweetgrass Collection."
"Playing off of the botanical prints of the Sweetgrass Collection, I came up with a garden themed “Rooted in Love” bridal shower versatile enough for use for a Baby Shower, Family Reunion or even a Anniversary Celebration."
"My very favorite component of the party was the Interactive Parfait Potting Station I created that allows guests to create a personalized dessert that ends up resembling a potted plant – with a “plant marker” spoon to eat it with."
– Carrots with Hummus served in mini clay pots
– Cucumber Roulades
– Herb-Infused Water
– Rosemary & Thyme Cookies
– Lemon & Rosemary Cookies
Parfait Potting Station which included placing a cupcake in the bottom of a lined clay pot, adding candy fillings (fertilizer), topping with chocolate pudding and crushed oreo cookies (potting soil) topped off with a sprig of mint (seedling). Wooden spoons painted to mimic garden markers finished off the look of the edible plant and provided guests with an eating utensil to consume their personalized treat.
– Chalkboard Paint painted Wooden Tags for Favor Boxes
– Chalkboard Paint painted Wooden Beverage Tags (for Herb-Infused Water Carafes)
– Chalkboard Paint painted Wooden Spoons as “plant markers” for Parfaits.
Jars of Rosemary Infused Sea Salt
The Parfait Potting Station served as both a dessert and something fun for the guests to do.
VENDOR CREDITS & RESOURCES:
– Styling & Design: Pen N’ Paperflowers
– ”Rooted In Love” 24×36 Chalkboard Art, Food Labels, “Parfait Potting Station” Sign: Pen N’ Paperflowers
– Slate Serving Trays, Slate Coaster: Michael’s
– Carafes holding Infused Water: JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts
– Mini Wooden Spoons and Scoops: The TomKat Studio (painted with Martha Stewart Chalkboard Paint)
– Wax Liners for Terra Cotta Pots: Wal-Mart Bakery (just ask them!)
– Butterfly Cupcake Picks (I disassembled these and used the butterflies as accents on pots, signs and glass jars), Hanging Decoration Kit, Cupcake Liners, Dinner Napkins, Favor Boxes, Fern/Butterfly Gift Wrap, Marble Yellow Gift Wrap, Paper Cups, Dinner Plates, Cocktail Napkins, Licorice Twists (Green Apple): Sweet Grass Collection from Martha Celebrations at JC Penny