Banana Republic

Banana Republic
"A new look for a classic label"




"When I was growing up in Texas I loved to go to the Banana Republic store. All my dreams were ahead of me: being a New York woman, going on a safari, and working as a photographer; all things I felt closer to when I walked around their store. Fast forward some years and not only do I have the wonderful joy of working with Banana Republic from time to time but I can also swing by their flagship store at Rockefeller Center because I did become that woman I dreamed of. It’s so fitting that Banana Republic, a brand built on classic style (and you know I love classic), would find its way into such a historical part of New York City. It is to no surprise that they took great care and artistry into the recent renovation of the space."


"Most beautifully, I was beyond thrilled to see the tribute to the city that Banana Republic has crafted: a 360-degree black-and-white photo shot from the top of the Rockefeller Center, 70 stories high, capturing an iconic view of New York City at twilight. Shot by Susan Wides, the city sparkles with life and light and is truly at her most beautiful. The photograph spans one horizon line, displayed on customized light boxes in the rotunda of the store, giving everyone the experience of seeing the “top of the Rock” at ground level. Susan says about her work, “I wish to convey the experience not merely of being in a place, but of connecting to that place on many levels of consciousness.“


"And of course, there is no place more appropriate for such an installation than Rockefeller Center, one of the last major buildings in the United States to incorporate public art, with the stunning Atlas Statue on the center’s Palazzo D’Italia. The Banana Republic store is mere steps away from the statue, welcoming us in the way only New York City can."



Banana Republic is celebrating the grand re-opening at this Fifth Ave Flagship store (626 5th Ave).


You have just read the article entitled Banana Republic. Please read the article from ZsaZsa Bellagio – Like No Other About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://janetrevisinglife.blogspot.com/2013/11/banana-republic.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment