Mmmmmm.... a luscious treat from cannellaemela.blogspot.com!
Mocha Whoopie-Pie with Dulce de Leche
For a dozen whoopie pies-
- 100 g soft butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 230 g of flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60 g of buttermilk
- 120 g of coffee
Dulce de leche filling:
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- boiling water
Procedure:For the dulce de leche:
- Preheat oven to 220 ° C and a baking pan filled with boiling water.
- In another pan, pour in the condensed milk and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Now lying in the water and put the pan in a water bath for forno.
- Cuocete 1:30 to 1:45 h.
For the whoopie pies:
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C, and the trays lined with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, with the whisk work the sugar with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and incorporate it into the mixture, pour the buttermilk, coffee and vanilla and continue to mix well.
- Finally add the flour with cocoa and baking powder.
- With a dispenser for ice cream formed of piles will place well apart on the baking trays.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- When the whoopie pie will be cold fill them with a generous spoonful of dulce de leche.