French Inspired Baby Shower



Très chic! If you love glitter, glamour & all things French, you will love this {Sweet & Girly} French Inspired Baby Shower forever! With A breath-taking dessert display {complete with a Parisian café backdrop}, parasol ceiling decoration and feminine printables, Lilly of I Heart Sugar Sugar flawlessly brought France to life to welcome her sweet bébé into the world!

PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
– Gold & pink tablescape with beautiful centerpiece: ornate, gold hat box filled with flowers
– Amazing “Parisian Cafe” dessert display + Pretty white wooden chests for a lunch buffet
– Gorgeous mint and pink cakes, pink ombre ruffle cake pops & glittery monogram cookies
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Lilly…

As an event stylist, when I plan and style my personal events there is a TON of pressure to deliver something beautiful. When it came to planning my baby shower for my princess on the way, it was difficult to pin point the exact theme and look I wanted. I’ve always loved the Parisian look but didn’t want the black and white stripes, Eiffel towers or poodles. I wanted something softer, more delicate and fit for a princess. Luckily I had a great team of vendors that I could trade ideas and inspirations with. I started by creating a board on Pinterest and pinning all my ideas. My friend Andrea from Dollhouse Paperie joined in on the pinning as well and put together the most beautiful paper collection titled Alyssa. I couldn’t decide what color scheme I wanted then it showed up on Pinterest!! This gorgeous cake from The Art of Cake a blog by Erica O’Brien was the color scheme inspiration to the entire shower! Along with 3 views of the movie Marie Antoinette and my love of flowers, the design of the shower began to flow. Little by little all the pieces fell into place. The invitations designed by Dollhouse Paperie set the tone to the very feminine affair.
I wanted guests to walk in and feel very fancy and girly. We had hanging parasols that my amazing sister hand painted and trimmed with ruffle edging. I painted canvases to lay on the two mantles in the venue space with the phrase “Je t’aime Bebe” and Alyssa’s initial. The sweet and talented girls from Salvage Snob provided beautiful paper flowers that I used to decorate the canvases along with paper fans. My mom who is also the florist for all my events made Beautiful centerpieces to coordinate with the different designs I had for the different tables. 
We had royal tables, small round tables, and large round tables. I wanted to accommodate to all groups sizes of women attending the shower. Feathers, pearls, peonies, roses and hydrangeas filled the tables with a soft pink, ivory, and peach tone. Along with gold candlesticks, silverware, and beaded charger plates, the tables really looked royal and fit for a princess. As each guest sat at their seat they were greeted with a special thank you card and gift box. Each gift box contained a set of gold and peach bangle accessories for the ladies to take home and have as a memory every time they wear it.
The most important part to my shower was the dessert area!!! It was so much fun to created and design and really was the HIT of the event. I wanted it to feel like the Patisserie in Paris filled with all kinds of delicious desserts and cakes in the windows where the ladies could choose from. We had a bistro table with mini cupcakes, cookies, and meringues.
 A flower cart filled with a variety of gourmet mousses and gold chocolate truffles! On the opposite side of this French patisserie there was a pink table filled with cake pops, chocolate covered Oreos, coconut macaroons, cookies and mini fruit tarts! It was delicate and even had pearl gumball necklaces! What girl doesn’t like her accessories?! During the shower, we also had the Donut Divas making mini donuts with your choice of toppings. It truly felt like a kid in a candy store! Delicious Pasta from the amazing Chef Lars was lunch and all the ladies went home with a full belly and a new jewelry accessory!
Above all, I felt so blessed for the outpour of love I received from my vendors, family and friends! My daughter is truly a blessed and loved baby!!! Je t’aime bebe!

















VENDOR CREDITS:
– Event Styling and Coordination: I Heart Sugar Sugar – Chargers, Linens and Chairs: A Touch of Class Linens– Cupcakes, Mini Cupcakes, Mini Key Lime Pie: Cakes by R.C. – Paper Goods: Dollhouse Paperie– Mini Donut Station: Donut Divas and Fun Foods– Catering: Food by Chef Lars– Lighting and Sound: Maxon Events– Chocolate Covered Oreos and Cake Pops: O Pops by Angie– Photography: Studio 1 Six– Paper Flower Décor: The SALVAGE Snob– Cookies: Sweet Dough– Registry: Tutti Bambini Maternity Conceirge – Merinuges: Two Sweet Cakery



*
You have just read the article entitled French Inspired Baby Shower. Please read the article from ZsaZsa Bellagio – Like No Other About http://janetrevisinglife.blogspot.com/2013/07/french-inspired-baby-shower.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment